Women in the AmericasFrom 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- March 11th, 2019 Date
- 10AM Time
- Vancouver Convention Centre West Venue
How Women are Taking a Leadership Role in Industry 4.0 Among the Americas
Technology is advancing so fast that some experts claim we are on the brink of the fourth Industrial Revolution or Industry 4.0. Connected physical and digital technologies make up systems capable to make autonomous decisions using data analysis and machine learning. The implementation of these smart technologies will redefine industries and competitiveness across the world.
In addition to the latest innovations, another key differentiator will be gender diversity in the tech industry. The McKinsey’s report (2015) and other studies showed that hiring and promoting women correlates with increased profits and better performance. Even though Canada and USA are part of the top five countries with the highest percentage of women in tech (Honeypot, 2018), the difficulties for women in getting a job and advancing in their careers prevent companies to take the lead in innovation.
Instead of only remaining concerned about how these technological innovations will affect our jobs and business, we should take steps forward and get prepared. With this in mind, on March 11th, ExpoPlaza Latina holds the “Women in the Americas” seminar in partnership with #BCTECHSummit aimed at providing you the opportunity to build valuable connections and broaden your knowledge with worthy insights and advice from tech experts while encouraging international collaboration and women empowerment.
Come and let’s shape a more inclusive and brighter future.
Join our speakers as they consider the following topics:
1. How to empower women to become technology leaders.
2. What is Industry 4.0 and how to leverage it. The why, what and how of Industry 4.0.
3. The presence of gender disparity through the industrial revolutions, and an outlook on the 4th one.
4. The benefits of Trans-American collaboration for business.
5. Why women are better suited to lead us through the fourth revolution.
6. Thinking beyond Industry 4.0: Society 5.0 and the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
7. Understand how we can use the Industry 4.0 platform to create a prosperous path of cooperation between Canada, USA and Latin America in different sectors and ecosystems.
• To highlight the importance of the Industry 4.0 revolution
• To promote technology and innovation ecosystems
• To strengthen connections between Canada, USA and Latin America
What will you learn about:
How the new industrial revolution is changing the way we work and how women can have an impact on this revolution.
Who will attend:
• Local government representatives
• Members of the consular community
• Technology and innovation leaders
• Entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs
• Academics and students
Save your seat now!
Seating is limited. Be sure to get your ticket right away
Invite some friends and you can get a special discounted price for group registration.
Are you a BC Tech Summit delegate? Use the code SUMMIT20 during the check out to get your ticket. Please bring your BC Tech Summit badge at the day of the event to confirm your participation.
ExpoPlaza Latina is the premier platform connecting Western Canada and Latin America for business exchange through panel discussions, with high-profile speakers and networking events. As part of the larger Latincouver umbrella, ExpoPlaza Latina aims to tap into trade opportunities between companies and organizations in the Pacific Northwest and Latin America.
ExpoPlaza Latina explores the most relevant topics of today’s global economy and environmental responsibilities that shape the business dialogue between diverse entities and countries. The “Leading the path to innovation and entrepreneurship” event series has attracted over 900 attendees and 35 high-profile speakers from the government, education, and industry sectors.